What we do:
- We welcome previously unpublished written or graphic material. Please use Word format and include your name, email address and a brief bio (no more than one hundred words).
- We accept prose, poetry, memoir, documentary, humour and any other genre. Copyright remains with the author or artist.
- As it is our mission to offer a vehicle to as many new writers as possible we ask writers whose work has been accepted for publication by JONAHmagazine to wait one edition before re-submitting. (Hence if accepted for the January edition please wait at least until the subsequent June/July edition is online before re-submitting).
- Due to the high volume of submissions we receive (and we are a volunteer-run organization) only writers whose work has been accepted will be notified. Notification will be sent by email as soon as possible after the submission deadline has passed.
What you do:
- Read our ABOUT section to get a feel for what we’re looking for.
- Submit your work! We prefer that prose submissions not exceed 2500 words. Poets may submit up to three poems.
- Submit one prose piece and/or three poems as Word document(s). Please include your name, email address and a brief bio—no more than one hundred words—in your submission document.
- Our submissions address is email@example.com.
- Pseudonyms (noms de plume) are acceptable, but be sure to make it clear which name you wish to see published.
- If not accepted, don’t despair or feel intimidated. We are on your side, trying to publish work of high quality, and your next submission might be exactly what we’re looking for.
The next edition (JONAHmagazine #8) will be published June 15, 2017 or July 15, 2017, still to be determined. We tend to get a bit frazzled and lazy at certain times of the year. The deadline for submissions for the next edition is: April 15, 2017.